Bioidentical Hormone Replacement for Women
Hormonal imbalances are the root of many chronic health problems and can increase your risk of serious disease. In women, the symptoms often first appear in perimenopause or menopause, when estrogen, progesterone and testosterone production begins to diminish.
Even though all women go through menopause, many are surprised at how quickly it comes on and the severity of the symptoms. Thanks to perimenopause, you may start experiencing issues as early as your mid 30s. Then there’s menopause itself, which doesn’t technically occur until you have gone 12 full months without a menstrual period. Although there is considerable variation, 51 is the average age of menopause for American women.
As if that wasn’t enough, many women continue to feel miserable with post-menopausal symptoms. It’s no wonder that women everywhere are demanding a better, more natural treatment that helps them feel their best and feel younger than they have in years.
Symptoms Treated with Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Hot Flashes & Night Sweats
- Working to signal the hypothalamus, which is the body’s temperature control center, estrogen and progesterone must be at optimal levels, or the signals going to the hypothalamus may get confused. Balancing hormone levels can help women to prevent or reduce hot flashes and night sweats.
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep are common challenges for women under high levels of stress or women going through perimenopause or menopause. Restoring hormone balance can help women to easily fall asleep and avoid waking up multiple times during the night.
- Low Libido
- Degenerating levels of sex hormones often lead to a reduced desire for sexual activity, which can put a strain on intimate relationships. Replenishing hormone levels can restore the desire for sex in women and boost overall libido.
Sex hormones such as estrogen and progesterone work to promote vitality in the body, and when the body cannot produce adequate levels of these hormones, women may feel lethargic or tired all the time.
- Premenstrual Symptoms
- Feeling irritable, angry, tired, bloated, achy, and hungry are common symptoms that women struggle with before their menstrual periods. Extreme premenstrual symptoms are often the result of hormonal imbalances; however, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can balance hormones and reduce premenstrual symptoms.
- Mood Swings
Outbursts of anger, anxiety, or depression may develop due to hormonal imbalances; correcting and optimizing hormone levels can reduce mood swings and promote a general sense of wellbeing.
- Estrogen dominance brought on by stress, aging, or dietary factors often promotes endometriosis. Progesterone works to counteract estrogen by inhibiting tissue growth in the breast and uterus, while estrogen promotes tissue growth in these regions of the female body.
- Weight Gain
- Disproportionate ratios of estrogen and progesterone often lead to weight gain. In cases of low estrogen, the body holds onto fat to preserve estrogen because adipose tissue contains estrogenic compounds, and low progesterone leads to water retention because it is a natural diuretic.
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Imbalanced hormone levels can cause women to experience one or many symptoms of sexual dysfunction, which can greatly affect libido and self confidence. Optimizing hormone levels can promote healthy sexual function, strong libido and restore energy and excitement to your relationship.
- Memory Loss
- Functioning to detoxify the brain, balanced levels of estrogen can help to reduce memory loss and mental fogginess, while potentially preventing Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Increasing levels of estrogen or uneven ratios of estrogen and progesterone can promote the development of fibroids. Balancing hormones with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may help the development of more fibroids or the enlargement of existing fibroids.
Overcoming depression can be a difficult task when hormonal imbalances are present because lower levels of hormones can reduce the presence of neurotransmitters that create feelings of contentment and calmness.
Kane Lai, M.D. of BodyLogicMD of Denver uses only bioidentical hormones, which are identical to the body’s natural chemistry. Kane Lai, M.D. provides natural female hormone replacement treatment plans that support women suffering the symptoms of perimenopause or menopause due to age, adrenal fatigue, or thyroid disorders by using bioidentical hormone therapy.
The good news is that hormone losses and imbalances are correctable. Through the use of bioidentical hormones, women can not only be relieved of the symptoms, but also effectively protect themselves against osteoporosis and heart disease. And through supervised treatment from Denver’s Kane Lai, M.D. natural hormone replacement therapy can make women feel healthier, and younger than they have in years. From menopause to sexual dysfunction, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy will change your life for the better.